Are you thinking about buying a Candy washing machine in the coming days or weeks? If so, then make sure to check out our Candy washing machine review which will only take a few moments of your time. Our review here will focus on the popular Candy White 8kg 1400 rpm code GVS148D3 as this model tends to offer one of the best prices under this particular brand, but we will also include 2 other popular options that are worth closer look so at least you have more than just one option when it comes to making your own final decision
There are various Candy Washing Machines reviews and reports already throughout the UK and this review will include a series of FAQ’s that can hopefully answer some of the queries you may have along with a comparison table when it comes to dimensions, wash loads, spin speeds and wash cycle availability. This should be able to outline clearly which features you prefer as well as all the main pros and cons which we came across that are outlined further down on this page.
A short video summary is also included if you prefer to watch this review content instead of reading all the text which will only take a few minutes. Our Candy washing machine review will be split into 6 parts for easier navigation so feel free to skip to whatever part interests you the most.
Candy Washing Machines Review UK Content:
- Part 1: Overview, Video Summary & FAQ’s
- Part 2: Candy White 8kg 1400 rpm GVS148D3 review
- Part 3: Price Comparison Options
- Part 4: Alternative Candy Washing Machines x 2
- Part 5: Conclusion and Feedback
As guide price levels can only be published at the time of this Candy washing machine review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Part 1: Overview, Video Summary & FAQ’s
|Washing Machine:||Candy White 8kg 1400 rpm reference code GVS148D3|
|Energy Rating:||A+++ Energy rating status|
|Home delivery:||Home deliveries available (including install & recycling)|
|Warranty:||10 years for parts and 1 year for labour|
|Best Place to Buy:||Argos UK – View Stock Availability Here|
|Smart Connectivity:||Connect your Android to the Candy Simply-Fi App|
|Customer Support:||Candy UK Support direct on 0344 4995599|
Video Summary – Press Play (only a few minutes)
Frequently Asked Questions about Candy Washing Machine GVS148D3 (12)
Q1. How many programs does it offer?
A. There are 14 programmes included but you can download 40 more when you connect with the Candy Simply-Fi App
Q2. What are the dimensions of the machine?
A. The size dimensions to note are 85cm high by 60cm wide by 54cm deep
Q3. How long does the quick wash take?
A. The shortest quick wash in this machine runs for 14 minutes duration
Q4. What is the max time for a 40-degree Celsius cotton wash?
A. The max time for a 40-degree Celsius cotton wash here is 130 minutes (210 minutes at 60 Celsius)
Q5. How heavy is the machine to handle?
A. The weight of this washing machine is 67kg so 2 pairs of hands will be needed for installation
Q6. Is there a sports cycle included with this Candy washing machine?
A. There is no sports cycle but there are cycles for darks, delicates, baby, cottons, synthetic, etc.
Q7. Does it come with a countdown timer display?
A. Yes, you get a countdown timer for better management of this appliance.
Q8. Can you set this machine to wash at certain times?
A. Yes, there is a delay timer included so you can set the machine to work up to 24 hours into the future
Q9. How much moisture is left after the cycles?
A. On average you can expect around 43% to 44% moisture attained after the 40 and 60 Celsius cycles
Q10. How much water is used in the cycles?
A. It depends on the cycle and wash load cycle but tends to be around 49 litres water on average per cycle
Q11. Does it provide you with a child lock system feature?
A. No, unfortunately there is no child lock with this particular washing machine
Q12. Do all the cycles spin at the 1400 rpm?
A. No, some of the cycles such as the 40 degree 44 minute quick wash spins at a lower speed than 1400
Part 2: Candy White 8kg 1400 GVS148D3 Review
Candy White 8kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine - GVS148D3
Summary of Main Features:
Energy rating status A+++
Attractive low price point offer
Home deliveries available
Install & recycling are extra
Credit plans available (extra cost)
8kg Capacity & 1400 spin speed
Quick wash in just 14 minutes
KG mode to adjust water volume
15 programmes available
Candy Smart App connectivity
Parts warranty is 10 years
Labour warranty is 1 year
Dimensions H85 x 60W x 54D cm
Main PROS in Summary
- One of the first things you will like here as we did is the really attractive price tag as this machine can be found for less than £250 which is great value to be fair.
- Only select suppliers offer the recycling and installation service but here you can get the home delivery, recycling and installation options which certainly makes life a lot easier should you need them
- If you don’t have all the money up front, you can choose a credit card plan which helps to spread the cost over a longer period which helps to manage your monthly cashflow affairs (extra costs are involved when using this payment plan)
- It comes with the A+++ energy rating status that you would expect along with a really good 14 minute quick wash and a daily 59 minute 60 degree cycle. It comes with 15 programmes but you can download 40 more programmes when you connect up with the Candy Simply-Fi App.
- You will find that the technology included such as the KG detector sensor will help to reduce to annual utility bills in that it will weigh the wash load after 4minutes and adjust the level of water and energy needed for the cycle.
- The delay starter feature is a great addition to have in that you can set the machine to wash at a later time of the day or first thing in the morning – where the washing will be ready when you wake up.
Main CONS in Summary
- There is no cycle for sports which was disappointing. Other machines we have reviewed offer a sports cycle which works great in removing tough sport type stains
- The drum size here of 8kg won’t be suitable for larger families, if you have a 5+ member family, then you are better off going with a larger drum such as a 9kg or a 10kg drum instead.
- It has a good selection of cycles however it doesn’t have cycles for silks or a dedicated intensive cycle. It also doesn’t have a child-lock feature which we seen available on other models
- The smart touch is only workable if you have an android and the 1400 spin speed is only available on a few cycles – don’t assume it runs at 1400 for all the cycles!
Price Guide: Less than £250 @ Argos UK – View Below
Benefits of the Candy Smart App
There are many benefits when you connect with the Candy Simply-Fi App with this appliance as it can help you manage the appliance a lot better and in turn will help the machine to last longer than normal. You can get a health status report, performance related reports and it can give you various tips, ideas and suggestions to get your laundry perfectly clean each and every time. In addition, it can provide you with an additional 40 wash cycle programmes to deal with any unique or tough stains that you may come across.
Part 3: Price Comparison Options
To ensure you have a broader view when it comes to comparing prices, please make sure to take a quick look at the 2 Candy Washing machine options below that could possibly save you some money while you are here…
Part 4: Alternative Candy Washing Machines
If the Candy White 8kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine GVS148D3 hasn’t ticked all of your boxes just yet or you need to take a look at larger drums, then check out the larger Candy washing machines below that we also recommend and are worth a closer look before you make your final decision
Alternative 1: Candy White 9kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine - GVS149DC3
Main Features to Note:
Larger 9kg Drum with 1400 rpm spin
Home deliveries available (+ install/recycling)
Quick wash is 14 minutes & Rating A+++
Daily 59 minute 60-degree Celsius cycle
Smart touch App Connectivity Android
15 programmes (more on the App)
Dimensions 85H x 60W x 54D cm
Warranty: Labour 1 year & parts 10 years
Price Guide: Less than £280 @ Argos UK
Alternative 2: Candy Black Smart Pro 10kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine - 1014C
Main Features to Note:
Largest 10kg Drum plus 1400 rpm spin
Installation & recycling options available
Home deliveries can be organised
Credit card plan to spread the cost longer
16 programmes to choose from
Dimensions 85H x 60W x 56D cm
Warranty parts 10 years & labour 1 year
14 minute quick wash & A+++ rating
Price Guide: Less than £300 @ Argos UK
To add further clarity on these Candy Washing machines in this review, please check out the comparison table provided below which can add further clarity of the main features along with the washing times, dimensions and codes.
|Model||Candy White 8kg||Candy White 9kg||Candy White 10kg|
|Spin speed:||1400 rpm||1400 rpm||1400 rpm|
|Quick wash:||14 minutes||14 minutes||14 minutes|
|App Connectivity:||Yes NFC||Yes NFC||Yes NFC|
|Labour Warranty:||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Parts Warranty:||10 years||10 years||10 years|
|Max time @ 40:||130 mins||130 mins||300 mins|
|Max time @ 60:||210 mins||210 mins||300 mins|
|Delay Start:||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours|
|Water per cycle:||~49 litres||~55 litres||~59 litres|
6 Safety Tips when using a Candy Washing machine:
- 1, Home Use: This washing machine is intended for home domestic general use and internal use only
- 2, Children: Children under 3 years should be kept clear at all times and continuously supervised while in operation
- 3, Supply Cords: If the supply power cord gets damaged, then it must only be fixed by either an authorised agent or suitably qualified trades person.
- 4, Hose sets: Only use the hose set that comes included with the box delivery – don’t use old hose sets from other old appliances.
- 5, Water Pressure: To ensure optimum performance, please make sure that your water pressure is between 0.5 MPa and 0.8 MPa.
- 6, Ventilation: Make sure there are no carpets, rugs or obtrusive materials blocking any ventilation channels or openings
The first thing to do is to release the power cord and drain hose from the clips at the rear. Once removed, then remove the transportation screws and 2 of the 4 flat washers, plastic spacer and rubber bungs on the rear. Next you should cover the transportation screw holes with plastic caps from the bag enclosed with the box. Once complete, then place the corrugated plastic from the top of the appliance into the base of the appliance. The next step is then to connect the water hose to the supply tap and plug in the appliance. Further information with images is included in the manuals upon delivery (these are the main points to note only)
View also: Our Best Candy Washing Machines Here
Part 5: Conclusion and Feedback
Do we recommend the Candy 8kg 1400 washing machine? Certainly, yes as we found it very difficult to find any major issues or problems with it. The quick wash works great to get those important items done as quickly as possible and we liked the range of programmes it offered along with the smart connectivity to the Candy App and the additional access to 40 other programmes as well as giving you a health status reports and cycle suggestions.
It makes the whole process of managing your laundry and your appliance that bit easier to do and for less than £250 we believe that this appliance in particular offers great value and reliability for the amount of money you have to spend. The noise level is as good as have seen with other washing machines so overall we have no hesitation in recommending it to the wider public.
Feedback – Optional:
Did you find our Candy washing machine review useful in any way? Or do you have anything good or bad to report about Candy Washing machines in general?
If possible, please educate the wider UK community by leaving your feedback or opinions in the comment box section provided below – so that others across the UK community can learn also!