Are you seeking a low-priced cheap Chest Freezer for your home over the next few days? If so, then take a quick look through our review which outlines our top 5 reliable cheapest Chest freezers which are readily available in the UK at present with adequate levels of stock availability (plus a small tabletop alternative). From what we have seen, these 5 Chest freezers give the best value or would be considered the best buys when it comes to looking at basic standard chest freezers without any of the expensive addons which in turn gives you the consumer the lowest possible price.
Our review will include a short FAQ session about Chest freezers, a comparison table with all the dimensions so you can compare them all for yourself and a short video summary is also included which covers most the key features that they can offer you. We have included various sizes here to suit be it 100kg litre capacity, a larger 300+ litre capacity and even a much smaller tabletop capacity with just 30+ litre capacity.
Cheapest Chest Freezer UK Review Content:
- Part 1: Brief FAQ session
- Part 2: Video Summary (few minutes)
- Part 3: 5 Cheapest Chest Freezer Recommendations
- Part 4: Additional Smaller Tabletop Chest Freezer Recommendation
- Part 5: Conclusion & Feedback (optional)
As guide prices can only be shown at the time of this review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
View also: Popular Microwaves in the UK here
Part 1: Brief FAQ session
Q1. How long do you have safe storage in the event of a power failure?
A. It depends on the brand but can range from 20 to 35 hours (some can offer up to 45 hours also)
Q2. What noise level is emitted?
A. As a guide, the level of noise emitted is 40 - 44 dB(A) but varies from brand to brand
Q3. How long are the power cables?
A. The average power cable length tends to be 1.5 to 1.8m to the power socket
Q4. What space should be allowed at the rear?
A. As a guide, you should allow for between 6cm and 10cm at the rear for spacings
Q5. Can they be placed in garages or outbuildings?
A. Yes, many of these chest freezers can be placed in outbuildings or garages as long as they are protected from moisture and excessive temperatures however a select minority needs to be kept in your home
Part 2: Video Summary – Best Value Cheap Chest Freezers
Part 3: Cheapest Chest Freezers – 5 Recommendations
Option 1: Bush Black 99L Chest Freezer - MCF99BL
Budget style basic solution
Quiet stamp of approval
Capacity size is 99 litres
Includes adjustable thermostat
Energy Rating Status A+
24 hours safe storage
Counterbalance lid included
Size is 85H x 56.5W x 52.3D cm
Warranty is 1 year long
Cheapest Chest Freezer Overview:
- If you are looking for the cheapest possible freezer without any of the frills or thrills, then you should take a serious look at the Bush Black 99 litre capacity Chest Freezer code MCF99BL which is also available in a white coloured version if needed and you can generally get your hands on it for less than £140 from what we have seen
- This freezer comes with a simple and basic set up but you do get the counterbalance lid on top, a compact size to fit in your back kitchen or designated room and it comes with the quiet stamp of approval and also an energy rating status A+ to help reduce the level of energy it uses each year.
- It includes a wire basket up top for storing smaller easier to get to frequent items when needed and you can adjust the thermostat to avoid over freezing in the appliance. In the event that you lose power, it will keep the food safe for up to 24 hours long and the dimensions to note are 85cm hight by 56.5cm wide by 52.3cm deep.
- Other chest freezers can be placed in an outbuilding, but this particular model needs to stay inside your home, and you get the high temperature warning as well as an estimated energy consumption of 168 kWh per year. The warranty provided is one year long and again, if the lowest price is what you are after, then you don’t need to look much further than this chest freezer.
Price Guide: Less than £140 (excluding delivery)
Option 2: Indesit White Chest Freezer - OS1A1002UK
Space capacity of 100 litres
Includes super freeze solution
Counterbalance hinged lid
Energy rating status A+
Baskets can be removed
Safe storage 22 hours
(If Power source fails)
Size 86H x 52.7W x 56.9D cm
Labour warranty 1 year long
Parts warranty is 10 years
Cheapest Chest Freezer Overview:
- Another cheap chest freezer that we would recommend is the Indesit White Chest Freezer code OS1A1002UK which is backed with lots of positive customer reviews and offers you a storage capacity of 100 litres. Unlike the first option above, this particular chest freezer can be stored and used in a garage or outbuilding.
- For easier management of adding in food or taking food out, it has the counterbalance lid on a hinge which makes sure your hands are protected when your hands are full of other items – one less thing to worry about. This freezer is slightly more expensive than the first but can still expect to get your hands on it for less than £180 when seen at the time of this review.
- It has a storage basket which can be removed, a super quick freeze solution to get them down to temperature as quickly as possible and you get the energy rating A+ status as well as a spacious laid out design. Even though it doesn’t have the internal light or a high temperature warning, it can still protect your food for up to 22 hours as safe storage in the event of a power loss or power failure
- The dimensions to note here are similar at 86cm high by 52.7cm wide by 56.9cm deep and it comes backed with a 1 year warranty for labour as well as a 10 year warranty for parts. The noise level you can expect operates at 41 dB(A) and it comes with a power cable 1.7m in length to the power socket
Price Guide: Less than £180 (excluding delivery)
Option 3: Russell Hobbs Black Chest Freezer - RHCF99B
Attractive black shiny finish
Energy rating status A+
Storage capacity is 99 litres
Noise level emitted 42 dB(A)
Wire basket removable
Counterbalance lid hinge
Adjustable thermostat & feet
Safe storage duration 35 hours
(If power source fails)
Suitable for outbuildings
Warranty is 5 years long
Cheapest Chest Freezer Overview:
- The third low priced chest freezer that we recommend is of similar size and it’s the Russell Hobbs Black Chest Freezer code RHCF99B which is very popular among UK homeowners and is backed with several positive customer reviews which is good to know in advance of any purchase.
- While this chest freezer will cost you more than the previous 2 options, you still should be able get your hands on it for less than £220/£230 from what we have seen across UK suppliers (some charge slightly more than this though). With this chest freezer, you have the adjustable thermostat option and a storage capacity of 99 litres which is the equivalent of 3.49 cubic feet.
- It comes with a removable wire basket for the storage of small more frequently used items and it has an energy rating status of A+ along with a low running noise level of just 42 dB(A). Similarly, it comes with a counterbalance hinged lid to protect your fingers as well as adjustable feet to ensure it is 100% level to the ground surface.
- The dimensions when it comes to installation is 85cm high by 56.5cm wide by 52.3cm deep and this chest freezer can be used in outbuildings as long as it is protected from moisture and extreme temperatures. If you have a power failure, then the safe storage period here is longer at 35 hours which is a good deal longer than the previous 2 options above.
- Other features that you can expect to get is a high temperature warning system, a cable length of 1.8m to the power socket and it comes backed with a 5 year warranty for peace of mind.
Price Guide: Less than £220 (excluding delivery)
Read also: Our list of cheap Microwaves here
To add further clarity on the first 3 cheap chest freezers in this review so far, feel free to check out the comparison table below which includes most of the key feature information as well as all the dimension information that you need to be aware of.
|Chest Freezer:||Bush||Indesit||Russell Hobbs|
|Capacity:||99 litres||100 litres||99 litres|
|Power Failure Safe Storage:||24 hours||22 hours||35 hours|
|Energy Usage:||168 kWh/year||171 kWh/year||168 kWh/year|
|Cable:||1.7m long||1.7m long||1.8m long|
|Labour warranty:||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Parts warranty:||1 year||10 years||5 years|
Further Chest Freezers – Higher Storage Capacities
If you need a larger chest freezer than the options already outlined, then you should consider 2 further possible options below which have storage capacities of well over 100 litres. The Hotpoint in particular is for larger families and offers over 300 litres storage capacity while the Bush model below offers storage capabilities of over 140 litres. A brief overview of both of these options is summarised below
Option 4: Hotpoint White 312 Litre Capacity Chest Freezer - CS1A300HFA
For larger families with 312 Litre capacity
Larger dimensions 91.6H x 118W x 69.8D cm
Energy rating status A+ & 45-hour safe storage
Counterbalance hinge to protect fingers
Super freeze alternative & removable baskets
Requires manual defrost, internal light included
Longer power cable to socket of 2.45m
Warranty 1 year labour & 10 years parts
Price Guide: Usually £270 to £320
Option 5: Bush Black 142 Litre Capacity Chest Freezer - BCFB142L
Medium sized capacity storage of 142 litres
Includes high temperature alarm
Removable basket for smaller items
Recessed handle counterbalance lid
Energy rating A+ status plus warranty of 1 year
Safe storage from power failure is 24 hours
Noise level 42 dB(A) with a single compartment
Dimensions are 84.5H x 70.5W x 54.5D cm
Price Guide: Usually £130 to £180
Part 4: Tabletop Chest Freezer Recommendation
If the chest freezers already outlined are just too big and you don’t have enough space in your home for them, then take a quick look at the smaller 32 litre capacity chest freezer from Russell Hobbs instead which also works as a tabletop chest freezer.
Smaller Option: Russell Hobbs Tabletop 32 Litre Freezer - RHTTFZ1
Tabletop Chest Freezer Overview:
For smaller families with limited space
Useful also when existing freezer space is limited
Removable wire shelf & reversible door
32 litre capacity with A+ energy rating
Smaller dimensions of 49H x 47W x 45D cm
Suitable for countertops/tabletops
Capacity 1.13 cubic feet - Weight is 21kg
1 year warranty guarantee is provided
Adjustable thermostat and adjustable feet
Price Guide: Tends to be £100 to £140
Read also: Our list of cheap dishwashers here
Part 5: Conclusion & Feedback
After completing our review for the cheapest possible chest freezers, we hope our work here has helped you out in some small way and give you some ideas to think about for your own home. We have included standard size freezers that cater for 99/100 litres while also including a tabletop freezer with just 32 litres and also a larger alternative that offers over 300 litres of storage capacity. If you need to place it in the garage or outbuilding, then make sure to double check that the appliance in question can be placed there first as you can’t automatically assume that they all can be placed in an outbuilding environment.
Which one would we choose? For the cheapest possible price, it would have to be the Bush Black 99 litre Chest Freezer MCF99BL outlined earlier and further review information along with todays updated price can be viewed below
Optional Feedback – Educate Others
Did you find our cheapest list of Chest freezers in the UK useful in any way? Or did you manage to find a better and cheaper chest freezer elsewhere that we don’t know about?
If possible, feel free to share your feedback or thoughts in the comment box section provided below – so that others across the UK community can learn also!