Do you need to know more about the Samsung Washing machine guarantee or warranties? If so, then check out this short post which hopefully can give you a much better understanding of what it is all about.
We have been looking at various washing machines and a question that tends to pop up regularly is – How do you get the Samsung washing machine guarantee or even the 5-year warranty?
5 year Guarantee Warranty Eligibility:
You need to be careful with (1) your product code selection to guarantee that you will get the 5 warranty and (2) you also need to be careful with where you buy it from as the 5-year warranty is excluded from specific retailers. It is ONLY available from specific participating retailers such as Argos that have the 5-year warranty – check out examples here. The rest of the washing machines from Samsung then have just the 2-year standard warranty.
Washing Machine Code Eligibility
Only certain codes are eligible for the 5-year warranty at specific participating retailers and examples of these codes are outlined below. A full list from Samsung can be viewed here but a quick overview of many of the codes are already outlined below.
Further examples on washing machine codes and other appliances can be viewed below
The 5 year warranty on washing machines from Samsung is available for qualifying purchases from 1st September 2020 all the way to 31st August 2021. This is a 5 years parts and labour warranty and is only available from selected participating UK retailers such as Argos. The standard warranty is 2 years, but an extra 3 years is awarded based on product code selections and the place of purchase. Not only is it available on washing machines, but it is also available for qualifying products in tumble dryers, cooking appliances and all refrigerators.
Eligible Participating Retailers:
To make sure you get the 5 year warranty, then you should choose places like Argos, John Lewis or ao.com and the retailer that we recommend in particular would be Argos UK due to the high level of customer services that they offer. Check out further information from Argos UK here
Excluded Retailers (for the extended 3 year warranty)
Only the 2-year warranty is available from Ebay, Amazon, Electronic Empire, Brighthouse, BC Services, Perfect Homes, RLR Distribution, Premier AV Centre, Deals4U, All Your Appliance, In Stock Appliance, Kasastore and Total Digital. The 5-year warranty is not eligible from these particular outlets when seen at the time of this post, but you can still get the 2 year standard warranty all the same.
Steps in Getting the 5 year Warranty
To get the 5 year warranty when you have bought the qualifying washing machine, you will need to visit the Samsung website and register your details. Make sure you have the receipt of the purchase on hand and there are 4 main steps involved. You can sign up or login to your account (if you have one already) or you can continue as a guest user
- Step 1: Fill in all your details such as name, address etc
- Step 2: Validate the data which you entered and receipt information
- Step 3: Confirm the registration with Samsung (product code, dates, purchase location)
- Step 4: Save the confirmation on your device or print
Terms and Conditions in Summary:
Further information of the terms and conditions can be viewed here. Some of the other points that you should know are summarised below in brief
- Warranty start date starts from the date of the purchase on the receipt – not the day you registered it online
- The standard warranty is 24 months from the date of purchase and qualifying appliances will have it for 5 years from date of purchase.
- If you register within the 90 day period, then the 3 years will be added to the standard warranty which is called the extended warranty period
- It only applies to specific product codes from participating retailers – view the list here
- Contact the customer support teams in the UK on 0330 726 7864 or Republic of Ireland on 0818 717 100 to discuss it in person if needed.
- The extended warranty period of 3 years is not transferrable to another user should you sell it on. Only the standard 2 year warranty is transferrable.
- If Samsung cannot repair the appliance, then they will either offer you a refund or replace it
If you need further support, then they are only a phone call away. Buyers in the UK should call 0330 726 7864 and buyers from the Republic of Ireland should call 0818717100. Again, you can start the 5 year warranty application process by clicking here and make sure to have your receipt and keep the email confirmation along with the notification of registration on file in a safe place.
Did you find this article useful in any way? Anything good or bad to say about Samsung washing machine guarantees in general?
If possible, please share you feedback or opinions in the comment box section provided below – so that others across the UK can learn also.